Shuttle and visit to Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie Church in Paris
History and visit the church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie in Paris
The church of Saint-Jacques-de-la Boucherie was a great church in Paris. She was in the area where the large butcher butchers dominated. The precise time of its construction is unknown, but what is known is that it was built before 1060 and it became a parish in 1119. Currently, only the tower remains of this magnificent relic. It is a historical monument.
The church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie kept many relics belonging to the Greater Saint-Jacques. This church is known for being a procession. A chapel in the church was dedicated to be a place of community butchers for the glory of Christ's birth. And served as crypt before 1762.
Expansions were made in the fourteenth and sixteenth centuries. A new Gothic tower was built between 1509 and 1522.
During the French Revolution, the celebration of worship was discontinued to make room for meetings of the assembled revolutionary. This church was destroyed after being considered a national asset. Only the bell tower has not been demolished. The city of Paris has got the tower in 1836 and has been decorating a public garden.
The square tower of the old church is 52 meters high and 10.40 meters wide. It is decorated with sculptures of animals representing the evangelists whose originals are made by Rault and the Musée de Cluny. Statue of Saint Jacques the Major was conducted in 1793, but replaced by a copy of the sculptor Paul Chenillon. Gargoyles and sculptures adorn minute on each side.
Transfer to the church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie in Paris
The church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie locates the place of the Châtelet of Paris. It is located at a distance of 19 km from Orly airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 82.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.