History and visit the Oratory of the Louvre in Paris
Construction began in 1621 by the plans of the architect Jacques Lemercier and completed between 1740 and 1745par Pierre Caqué. The temple of the oratory of the famous Louvre Protestant reformed. This temple follows the liberal trend. It is classified as a historic monument since 1907.
The execution of construction has been attributed to the architect Scellier Gisors and sculptor Crauck. In 1811 during the reign of Louis XIII, it served as a royal chapel, but Napoleon gave the Protestants of Paris. It is an old building transformed into Catholic Protestant church since 1811.
The exterior of the temple is characterized by the presence of the statue of Admiral Coligny very impressive. This statue is equipped with symbols and inscriptions showing the history of Protestantism in the sixteenth century in France. Impressive buttresses and turrets adorned with pots of fire as well as lilies adorn the facades. Since the rue de Rivoli, one can contemplate magnificent arcades. The portal, which dates from 1745 is crowned a transom.
The architects who shaped the inside of this temple are Lemercier, Caqué, Métezeau. It has considerable naves and transepts. The place to read the Oratory of the Louvre is characteristic of Protestant worship. The importance of reading the Bible and the interpretation of it defines the seating arrangements around the Bible and the pulpit.
Transfer to the Oratory of the Louvre in Paris
The Oratory of the Louvre is located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris street oratory. It is located at a distance of 22.4 km from Orly Airport, 31 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86 km from Beauvais Airport.