History and visit to Paris Faubourg Poissonnière
Faubourg Poissonnière refers currently Poissonière neighborhood. This is the name given to an ancient district of Paris . Historically, this area was known as the suburb of New France . If previously the city of Paris counted 12 districts and 48 neighborhoods , since 1 January 1860, it is composed of 20 districts and 80 neighborhoods. From 1860, the suburb name should no longer be used . However, some areas still bear this name as the Faubourg Montmartre, the Faubourg Saint -Antoine , the Faubourg Saint -Marcel … The suburb Poissonière today means an area located along the rue Faubourg Poissoniere which forms the border between two districts , the ninth and tenth . It is one of the liveliest districts of the capital . The area is famous for its breweries , cafes or theaters Boulevard .
In the Middle Ages , the path of the tide or path Fishmongers’ was widely used by fishmongers to join the Halles . This route was extended beyond the borders of Paris before 1860 , in the suburb , and crossed the town of La Chapelle and the municipality of Montmartre. Outside the walls of Paris , the area inclosed Fishmongers this path was the subject of increasing urbanization . In 1648 , it became a suburb. This new area was called New France . The main street that crossed the floor took the name of New France . 1660 , was named this way rue Sainte-Anne by reference to the Chapel of St. Anne , built in the area. The development of the area attracted many speculators such as Claude Martin Goupy or Nicolas Lenoir . In 1770, Goupy speculation on land sold by the Daughters – God.
The buildings he erected on the land contributed to the urbanization of the area . In terms of Sr Robert de Vaugondy in 1771 , the area kept the name of New France and the main street , rue Sainte-Anne . In 1789, the plan Pichon named it Sainte- Anne or Fishmonger . In 1795 , the district suburb Poissonière was part of the former third district . In the early nineteenth century, the area became a suburb Poissonière artisans, garment factories and small industries. The area was extended to the north, on land off the pen Saint -Lazare . This extension is named new Poissonière neighborhood. In 1821 , part of the land was bought by a group of financiers called Company New District Poissonière . The company took the name of the new Quartier Poissonière Company four years later. In 1860, the old way of Fishmongers became the Faubourg Poissoniere although part was absorbed by the opening of the Boulevard Barbès .
Rue du Faubourg Poissoniere contains several notable buildings . It can be seen at No. 10 the old building that housed the cafe-concert Alcazar opened in 1858. In 1899 , he was replaced by a large four-storey building . At No. 30 stands the Hotel St. Benedict Paulle , built in 1773 by Nicolas Lenoir, at the request of François Benoît de Sainte- Paulle . Found at No. 50 Hotel Cardon . Claude Martin Goupy built it around 1773 for Nicolas Vincent Cardon, director of the Academy of St. Luke . Goupy another hotel built around 1775 at No. 52. It belonged to the painter – decorator of the Academy of St. Luke , Pierre- Hyacinthe Deleuze . At No. 138 stands the old factory carpentry Wallart , a large three-storey wooden building in 1896. It is now replaced by the apartment building , built in the early 1970s …
Taxi transfer to the Faubourg Poissonière in Paris
Faubourg Poissonnière lies 21.1 km from Orly airport, 25.4 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.1 km from the airport of Beauvais.