History and tour of the Elysée Palace in Paris
The Elysee Palace is a large mansion used as an office and residence of French presidents that have taken place since the Second Republic . It is located at No. 55 rue du Faubourg Saint -Honoré , in the 8th arrondissement of Paris . It was built between 1718 and 1722 by the architect Armand -Claude Mollet . It covers an area of 11,179 m² of which 300 square meters are for private apartments . It has 365 rooms of which 90 are located in the basement . It has a large 1.5 hectare park . The Palace is accessible by two main entrances. The first is located on the rue du Faubourg Saint- Honoré and the second in the park . It is served by the metro Champs- Élysées – Clemenceau and Concorde.
The history of the construction of the Palace was essentially based on the misunderstanding between Louis Henri de la Tour d’Auvergne and the Regent of France in the eighteenth century. Having deliberately mocked the Comte d’ Evreux, the Regent began to challenge it by asking him to build a hotel worthy of the name . Not insensitive to the words of the Regent, the Earl decided to sell his land in Normandy for a staggering 732,000 pounds. With this money he bought the Marais des Gourdes , which cost him about 75,000 books. Having heard about the construction of a private mansion , many architects and aristocrats mobilized to benefit . The construction of the hotel begat many expenses. Count could no longer afford to live comfortably . He decided to take to wife the heiress of businessman Antoine Crozat . This marriage brought him money to finance his hotel because of dowry rose to 2,000,000 pounds. At the time, the girl was older than twelve. The hotel was completed in 1720 and the same day of the inauguration , the Count ended the marriage which bound him to his wife.
Not to make too many waves with his former stepfather, he repaid in full dowry which had been granted at the time of marriage. His wife died at the age of twenty- nine years. Construction and internal decoration of the Palace took four years in total . The hotel went up on two floors at the entrance of the main door , a large hall was built to house the clients of the rain. There were two sides of the central building two L-shaped wings . At the time of inauguration, the floors were not even decorated and furnished . Count lived on the ground floor and waited to have enough money to start decorating the floors. The architect of the hotel , Armand -Claude Mollet was subsequently replaced by the architect Jules Hardouin Michel Alexandre .
Having won the bet made with the Regent of France , it came in person to congratulate Count by granting , in addition , a portion of land on which the Count could put a beautiful garden. The Earl died in 1753 and the hotel then passed through the hands of several owners as Madame de Pompadour, the mistress of King Louis XV . This is the press has dubbed the Elysee Palace, "The Castle" because of its unique architecture of its kind. Currently, the President resides .
Transfer by private car to the Elysee Palace in Paris
The Elysee Palace is 22 km from Orly Airport , 30 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85 km from Beauvais Airport .