History and visit the Rue Paul-Baudry in Paris
St. Paul-Baudry is a way in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It begins in the rue de Ponthieu, specifically Nos. 54 and 56 rue de Ponthieu and ends at the rue d’Artois, more precisely in the No. 9 and 11 of the rue d’Artois. It is situated in the Faubourg du Roule. Created in 1829, it was once called Rue Fortin.
It was by virtue of a Royal Decree of 4 November 1829 Jean-Joseph Fortin, a lawyer, was allowed to open on land that he had a wide street 12 meters to reach the rue de Ponthieu in the Street Stables-d Artois is now rue d’Artois. Construction began in reality in 1837. In 1865, the street was named in honor of the painter Paul Baudry (1828-1886).
St. Paul Baudry is attached to many historical figures. At No. 3 is found, for example, Hall Wendel. It was built in 1856 over an area of 4700 m². It was Mrs. Robert Wendel (1850-1917) and his son, the Duke de Maille, husband of Carmen de Wendel who lived there in 1908. The hotel has been restored in 2006 to house the Paris office of the law firm Baker & McKenzie.
No. 6 also housed the Hotel de la Vicomtesse de Courval. Accumulating valuable collections of art, she had settled in this hotel a number of 18th century paneling in polished oak which was in 1925 at the ski hotel Bischoffsheim, 11 place in the United States. In 1989, the building underwent a redesign by the architect Pierre-Louis Faloci the bank Aref.
Transfer to Paris street St Paul Baudry
Rue Paul Baudry is located 25.9 km from Orly Airport to 31.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.2 km from Paris Beauvais airport.