History and visit the Rue Saint-Jacques in Paris
Located in the Ve arrondissement of Paris, Rue Saint-Jacques extends the Petit Pont in Pont-Royal Boulevard. Built in the twelfth century, this street was originally named for Grand Rue du Petit-Pont, in the following century, followed by Great Street of qualifiers clergymen who lived here before getting called High Street Saint-Jacques, referring to the Saint-Jacques. However, before 1806. She did that name to the streets of Saint-Hyacinthe and Saint-Jacques ditches.
Between the street and the street Souflot Fosses Saint-Jacques, was once located the Saint-Jacques, who was also called door of Notre-Dame-des-Champs, in which the troops of Charles VII marched into Paris on Friday April 13, 1436. The construction of this door was ordered by Philip Augustus. In the left corner of the Boulevard Saint-Germain was the chapel of Saint-Yves. It was built in 1348, or one year after the canonization of Saint-Yves by Clement VI. In 1790, this house of worship was abolished and became national property.
N º 193, meanwhile, is known for having housed a monastery of nuns of the Visitation of Holy Mary. As their numbers became too large, the Archbishop of Paris gave them permission in 1623 to purchase a new convent. They bought the house while Saint-Andre, who was in the rue Saint-Jacques. The brotherhood that had the task of youth education was abolished in 1790.
The English Benedictine monastery was at No. 269. Persecuted by King Henry VIII, the Roman religious worship found themselves obliged to seek out sile of England. In 1642, those who were in Paris obtained authorization from the Archbishop to celebrate divine service in their chapel.
Transfer to the rue Saint-Jacques in Paris
Rue Saint-Jacques is located 15.4 km from Orly airport, 34.0 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 97.4 km from Paris Beauvais airport.