Shuttle van transfer from rue Rabelais to Parisian airports
History and visit the Rue Rabelais in Paris Rabelais street is a path belonging to the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It crosses the Faubourg du Roule and Madeleine district. It begins at the Avenue Matignon and ends at the rue jean Mermoz. It measures 118 meters in length. The creation of this road was made in 1769. Previously, it was called then rue Rousselet Lane Rousselet-Champs-Elysées. The name it now bears was given in 1850.
Rabelais street already existed in 1769. She was called to the alley time Rousselet. A treaty signed between Marshal Duke of Coigny and the city of Paris June 5, 1817 led to the closure of the road on a period of twenty years. It was opened in 1846 to rue Montaigne now rue Jean Mermoz. The deliberation of the authorized by a decree dated January 31, 1850 City Commission gave its present name in honor of the writer François Rabelais. The width of the street has been ordered by the Royal Decree of 5 April 1846 to 10 meters.
The Rue Rabelais has special properties as the hotel is at number 2. It was built in the twentieth century and belonged to the Gerard family. This building houses since 1925 the famous aristocratic circle "jockey club". The Embassy of Israel lies at number three on this street. The hotel owned by engineer Gustave Eiffel was the number 1. It was built by the architect Henri Parent and demolished to give way to a more contemporary building. The Sodexho restaurant is located on this street.
Transfer to rue Rabelais in Paris Rabelais street is at a distance of 26.7 km from Orly Airport, 30.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.