Park mound is in the 8th arrondissement of Paris between boulevard de Courcelles and many streets. Luxury hotels are located near the park. This area of 8.25 hectares yardstick for 1 km in circumference. The creation of this beautiful ornamental garden in 1852. In 1794, the park became a national asset and other infrastructure are built. It is owned by the city of Paris since 1870.
The land where the park Monceau was owned by the Duke of Chartres. In 1778, Philippe-Egalite had built a place of entertainment with a house and a park. Implementation of the plan for the park was given to Carmontelle. Dutch windmills, a pagoda, a pyramid, a Roman temple, a Swiss farm, trees and the islands were in the plan.
The park was built on land that was quadrilateral on the rue de Monceau. At one point in its history, the park was owned by the family and Cambaceres Orleans. Changes were made to the park and gave it an elegant appearance.
The most spectacular of the park is the naumachie. It is an oval basin surrounded by Corinthian columns from the Notre Dame de la Rotonde destroyed in 1719. The door of the old Town Hall and Greek columns are still visible in the garden.
Busts made in the memory of some famous characters like Falguière made by Ambroise Thomas, Gounod performed by Mercie, by Guy de Maupassant is Verlet adorn the park. Arches from the Old Town Hall are placed near the Naumachie.
Transfer to the Park Monceau in Paris
Monceau Park is located 26.4 km from Orly Airport, 30 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.