Private transfer between quai de Conti and Paris Roissy CDG airport
History and visit the Quai de Conti
Located in the left bank of the Seine, the Quai de Conti belongs to the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It begins in the Rue Dauphine and the Pont-Neuf, and ends at the pier Malaquais and the Institut de France. It has a length of 228 meters and a width of 22 meters. Two ministerial decisions, one dated February 13, 1810 and the other dated July 7, 1817, fixed the alignment of the quay.
Historically, this dock Conti was first called Nesle dock because of Hotel de Nesle which occupied the entire length. He took the name of Guénégaud the 17th century. Its current name comes from a Conti hotel that bears the same name and the hotel serves a main entry in the dock. It was the decree dated 27 April 1814 which set the name of Quai de Conti.
The Quai de Conti is linked to other important people. We recall, for example, that the house is located at the corner of the rue de Nevers was some time the residence of Bonaparte. In a garret lit by a window overlooking the roof, Napoleon was a gentleman cadet at the military academy in 1785, just meditate and relax their studies.
Becoming a very popular place, the Quai de Conti still has other historic buildings. Can be found at No. 11 the Mint which houses La Monnaie de Paris, a public institution whose function is to deal with the management of the museum of the Paris Mint. At No. 13 was the Bookstore Mayor Nyon in 1824. At No. 23, there was the former Collège des Quatre-Nations which houses the Institut de France.
Transfer to the Quai de Conti in Paris The Quai de Conti is located 20.7 km from Orly Airport to 34.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.1 km from Paris Beauvais airport.