History and visit the Rue Saint-Vincent in Paris
The Rue Saint-Vincent is a street that is located in the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It is part of the site of the Old Montmartre. It begins on the streets of Good and ends at Avenue Junot, on Constantine Pecqueur square. It extends approximately 400m length down on the north side of Montmartre east to west.
This road already existed in the seventeenth century. She was still imbued with local color. During the siege of 1590, a small fort was built on the edge of the eastern part. At this location is currently located and Cottards Paraise park.
The cemetery of St. Vincent is located at No. 40 on the street. It was opened January 5, 1831. In 1871, the remains of General Clement Thomas and Lecomte there were first buried before being moved sometime later in Pere Lachaise. It is in this cemetery was also buried the famous painter Maurice Utrillo in 1955, Dr. Gruby, The Grandais in 1907, Marcel Ayme …
At the intersection of Rue Saint-Vincent and the street of Willows once stood on a large vineyard. To preserve it, the city of Paris took possession of Montmartre closed in 1933 and prevented the construction of buildings on the ground.
The street was named in a few songs such as The Lament of Butte, written by Jean Renoir in his film in 1955. Aristide Bruant had his house at No. 30. He also spoke of the street in his song called Rose Blanche. It underwent multiple interpretations.
Transfer to the Rue Saint-Vincent in Paris
The Rue Saint-Vincent is located 29.2 kilometers from Orly Airport, 24.9 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.