History and visit the rue Beranger in Paris
This street connects the 3rd arrondissement Paris Temple Street to Rue Charlot. It has a length of 271 meters and a width of 11.69 meters. It begins at the Place de Gouges Olympe and ends at the rue du Temple, No. 180.
Its present name dates back to 1864 and is the songwriter Pierre-Jean de Beranger, who lived at No. 5. The street construction began in 1696 on the grounds of the Order of Malta. Philippe de Vendôme was the Grand Prior. The street was named Rue de Vendome. In this street the hotel was General Friant, one of the Parisian volunteers of 1792. The hotel until 1867 then became mayor of the borough.
The street is lined with beautiful historic buildings that became tourist attractions. One can only marvel at the hotel Fargès, also called Mascrani. It was built between 1720 and 1727 by Gillet of the Causeway. The hotel became the headquarters of the Food Administration during the French Revolution. To No. 3 and 5, visitors will find a set of two hotels built for Abraham Peyrenc Moras and Jean Pujol. These buildings have a Regency style between 1720 and 1725 by Gilbert Delaubard. Both buildings become primary school and college Beranger Pierre-Jean de Beranger.
It may well indicate among other No. 14 in 1786 when there was the most beautiful game of tennis in Paris. It was destroyed in the 19th century, giving way to the theater in 1851 Déjazet whose entrance is located at 41 Boulevard du Temple. At No. 16, there was up to the Revolution, the convent of the Filles-du-Sauveur was built in 1701 to help "bad girls" repented. The convent was demolished and giving way to No. 16 in passing Vendôme.
Transfer to the street Beranger in Paris
The street ranger is 18.6 km from Orly airport, 27.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.7 km from Paris Beauvais airport