History and visit the Rue de l’Odéon in Paris
The rue de l’Odéon connects the Place de l’Odeon at the crossroads of the same name. This 6th street is served by the bus network Rapt 84, 87 and 89. M lines, 4 and 10 also serve the site on which is the rue de l’Odeon. The rue de l’Odéon once carried the name Rue du Theatre French.
The opening of the street Odeon follows authorization by letters patent issued in August 1779. The street was officially opened in 1780 on the territory of the Hotel de Conde. The rue de l’Odéon was carried out over a width of 12.90 meters. Ministerial Decision, signed Chaptal, 4 Nivose IX maintained this width. The royal decree issued in May 1841, rue de l’Odéon kept the same width. The length of this road is 176 meters.
Several historical figures had rubbed the rue de l’Odeon. Camille and Lucile Desmoulins and the poet Fabre d’Eglantine conventional and occupied a house at No. 22 before their arrest followed by execution. The intellectual Thomas Paine, known for his sympathy for the Girondins had lived in a house at No. 10 rue de l’Odéon. At No. 7 was the library founded by the famous editor Adrienne Monnier.
The rue de l’Odéon starts at No. 16 Carrefour de l’Odéon and ends at No. 12 Place de l’Odéon. The beautiful hotel at No. 21 this street was a historical monument. The rue de l’Odéon also saw the passage of other foreign publishers known as Sylvia Beach. The American editor had published his famous "Ulysses" in a house at No. 12 rue de l’Odéon.
Transfer to the Rue de l’Odéon in Paris
Rue de l’Odeon is located 16.2 km from Orly Airport to 33.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.7 km from Paris Beauvais airport.