History and visit the Square of the Ile de France in Paris
The square of the Ile de France is located in the city of Paris in the 4th arrondissement. It covers an area of 0.2235 ha. It was created in 1914 and is famous for the establishment of the Martyrs Memorial of the Deportation of the scene. The square of the Ile de France is located in the north of the island of the City, but it is also behind the Cathedral of Paris. It is surrounded by many monumental places.
Established in 1914, the square of the Ile de France is located along the shore of the Archdiocese, former site of the city morgue in Paris. The morgue was once one of the most famous of the city of Paris, most people who die by drowning were exposed for 3 days, the public could therefore come and identify the bodies. Its construction was decided under the orders of Baron Haussmann, the latter being a senior and Prefect of Paris at the time. Although construction began in 1914, Haussmann had had in mind the project in 1868.
The land on which stands the Square was once named “Motte-aux-papelards.” It was a deserted place where there was nothing but trash and rubble that had been used in the construction of the Notre Dame Cathedral. It first built a garden that was open only to men in 1687. Many varieties of flowers had been planted there. The first rose was planted by Mrs. Giscard d’Estaing April 26, 1975, during the 30th anniversary of the liberation of the concentration camps in memory of all the victims of deportation.
After its construction, the Square looked like a Greek temple, simple in architecture. The first building that was there showed only a single output and the latter gave direct access to the new Quai market. The market that ran the dock disappeared around 1854. Referring to the current location, this small temple was once found in place of the current Forensic Institute of Paris. Before the construction of the temple, the place was called “the Land”, he used it seems to be walking.
Before the First World War began, the government decided that the morgue change places. It was then moved to the quai de la Rapee, in a building made of brick rather than glass as in the old morgue on the square of the Isle of France. The Square was done so that it is the main entrance to the Memorial of the Martyrs of the Deportation
Calm and quiet, the Square de l’Ile de France is a triangular shape formed by a main walkway made of earth. The floor was laid and covered with greenery on which there are many white benches that face to face. Greens stop to the tip of the triangle. Behind the square, it is possible to contemplate the Ile Saint-Louis. Although the Square of the island of France in the center of the capital, the place is almost silenced by the various traffic noise and other unpleasant sounds.
Shuttle Square of the Ile de France in Paris
The square of the Isle of France is 21 km from Orly Airport, 37 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from the airport of Beauvais.