History and visit the Palace of Justice in Paris
The Palais de Justice is located in heart of Paris, on the isle of la Cité. It is part of 1st arrondissement, in the district of Notre Dame and of the island Saint-Louis. It is delimited from north to south by the quay de l’Horloge and the quai des Orfèvres, and east to west by the boulevard du palace and the rue de Harlay and the Place Dauphine. The palace extends on a surface of more than four hectares. The floors occupy nearly two hundred thousand square meters with corridors of about twenty-four kilometers away. It account more than three thousand windows and seven miles doors. It formerly served of remains to the sovereigns of France. Ranked historical monument in 1975, he hosts the main French judicial institutions. It is served by Station Cité metro.
D’after the story, the Palais de Justice was, between the Xth and XIVème century, the Palais de la Cité, residence and the seat of power of the kings of France. During these four centuries, King Charles V transferred his residence at the hotel Saint-Paul. Despite this change, the palace remained as seat of the institutions of justice such that the Chancellery, the Parliament of Paris, the Accounts Chamber …
The palace was victim of several fires. The loss of collection wooden statues of the kings of France was caused by the room fire des pas perdus in 1601. Seventeen years later, the Grand-Salle was also affected. Salomon de Brosse was solicited to rebuild it. A fire ravaged the spire of the Sainte Chapelle en 1630 and the Court of Auditors in 1737. Under the reign of Louis XVI, in 1776, a part of the palace, understood between the Sainte Chapelle and the Conciergerie party in smoke.
During the period of the Restoration, a new political dimension was conduct within the palace. There was the creation of new positions although the lack of premises began to be felt because of the increase volume of business to treat. Of this fact, the first restoration work we undertook. To do so, the Monarchy July proposed to enlarge the palace. Jean Nicolas Huyot was called to present an enlargement and isolation in view to making the palace a majestic edifice project. A the death of Huyot in 1840, architects Honoré Daumet and Joseph-Louis Duc were loaded to take hand the project. The palace was greatly ravaged by fire of 24 May 1871. Following the death of Duc in 1879, the reconstruction of palace was of entrusted to Daumet again. La Conciergerie was the completed first in 1883.
Currently, the Palais de Justice houses several jurisdictions such that the Tribunal de Grande Instance (TGI) and the Court of Appeal Paris, the Court of Cassation, the Conseil d’Etat, the Court of Auditors … The Ordre des avocats of Paris and the Regional Directorate of the Judicial Police there also possess premises. Extending on thirty-seven miles square meters, the TGI is located cramped. A construction project of a new judicial quoted in the neighborhood des Batignolles was then advanced. Scheduled for 2017, the Minister of Justice, Christiane Taubira has suspended the project end of 2012 because of its high cost, more than two billion euros. The Prime Minister, Jean-Marc Ayrault has however affirmed the work in January 2013.
Shuttle transfer from Palais de Justice to airports of Paris
The Palais de Justice lies approx. 19,7 km from Orly airport is 27.4 km from Roissy Charles airport de Gaulle and to 86.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.