History and visit the Rue de la Cité in Paris
This Fourth Street district of Paris is the main route of the Ile de la Cité. It extends from the Pont Notre-Dame in Petit-Pont along one side the Flower Market and the Prefecture of Police. On the other hand, it runs the Hotel-Dieu and the square of Notre Dame. It is formed by the unification of the street lantern, and those of Jewry and Market-Palu. On 13 May 1834, in response to the claim of riparian owners, the Minister of the Interior attributed to these three highways one name (rue de la Cité).
To the south, the streets of Jewry which alluded to the existence of a Jewish community in this place in the twelfth century leads to the Rue de la Lanterne. During a time when the population professing constantly anti-Jewish propaganda, the Jews suffered daily abuse. In Paris, the richest of them formed a small community in Jewry Street.
In 1183, in Jewry Street, at the corner of rue de la Licorne, was built the church of La Madeleine, who served as headquarters for "the great brotherhood of lords, priests, bourgeois and bourgeois of Paris, which is the mother of all fraternities, because it is so old that no one knows when it started. "All the monarchs of the time were members of this brotherhood.
Market Street-Palu took its name from the old market that existed here. The baker François, who was assassinated in 1789 during a popular uprising, lived in this street. Baker’s death is the cause of the proclamation of martial law.
Transfer to the rue de la Cité in Paris
The street of the city is 18.3 km from Orly airport, 30.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90.2 km from Paris Beauvais airport.