History and visit Pont de l’Alma in Paris
The Pont de l’Alma is located in the region of Ile de France. This bridge crossed the Seine and function of Viaduct Road. It is arc-shaped with a dimension of 153 meters long and 42 meters wide. The construction of this bridge were made between 1854 and 1856 and was fully substituted between 1970 and 1974. This is the first bridge has three curves built in 1854. Several architects have contributed to the realization of that bridge Gariel Hyacinthe, PMG Lagalisserie, JF Cosne, C. White, A. Arsac and Mr. Dougnac.
The Pont de l’Alma is situated between the Invalides bridge upstream and downstream bridge Debilly. He joined the quai Branly, which is located in the 7th district and the Avenue of New York which is placed in the 8th and 16th arrondissement. It bears the name in memory of the Battle of Alma in the Crimea took place in 1854. It is part of the development work of Baron Haussmann in Paris. His inauguration was made by Napoleon III on 2 April 1856.
Four statues of soldiers were placed by Napoleon III bridge. It is a Zouave, and a grenadier, by Georges Diebolt made, a hunter and a Gunner made by Auguste Arnaud. After the replacement of the steel bridge, only the Zouave was back on the bridge while the other three were transferred to other places, including the Bois de Vincennes to La Fere and Dijon. The Pont de l’Alma is accessible by metro station Alma Marceau station and.
Transfer to the Pont de l’Alma in Paris
The Pont de l’Alma is located at a distance of 19.3 km from Orly Airport to 30.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.