History and visit the Place Saint-Sulpice in Paris
In Paris, in the sixth arrondissement, is the Place St. Sulpice. It owes its name to a former seminary that was held on the square located between the streets Férou Pot-de-Fer du Vieux-Colombier and Petit-Bourbon. For the history of the origin of the name of the street it would a seminar was organized by the Abbé Jean-Jacques Pébrac called Ollier from 1641 to Vaugirard, which later became parish priest of Saint-Sulpice .
He bought a property on the rue du Vieux-Colombier in 1645 as proselytes became numerous, and he decided to share with two communities. Under the agreement the abbot of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, built on two sites. Letters patent are recorded September 6, 1646 the grand council announcing the approval of the first construction, December 30 at the chamber of accounts, and December 2, 1650 in parliament.
The small seminar held in one of the houses on the street Férou in 1688 and bore the name of St. Joseph, after replaced by that of Saint-Sulpice. The Sulpicians leave the house for another property located in the top of the street Férou June 10, 1687. Another community called Sainte-Aure form in 1694. In 1792, the Saint-Sulpice Seminary was removed and returned to the state institutions.
Some old projects related to the Place Saint-Sulpice are established October 2, 1754, on 25 June and 19 October 1806, 19 July 1808, 20 December 1810 and 24 February 1811. A monumental fountain was built on this site in 1838. It is still visible and noticed by the drawings of the architect Visconti.
Transfer to the Place Saint-Sulpice
Place Saint Sulpice is located 20 km from Orly airport, 39 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 20 km from the airport of Beauvais