History and visit the rue du Louvre in Paris
Rue du Louvre is located in the 1st and 2nd arrondissement of Paris. It measures 700 meters long and 20 meters wide. Its name was derived from its approximation to the Louvre. It begins at the Place du Louvre and Montmartre street ends. The creation of this street was made in 1853.
The south side of the street from the Louvre is formed by the old Rue du Petit Bourbon. And that of the Place du Louvre and Rue Saint-Honoree was once the street of Pulleys. These two ancient streets existed since the early 13th century. Rue du Louvre had contained the rue de Nesle currently rue d’Orléans in 1888. She also cleared Mercier Street.
Previously, large hotels roamed along the rue du Petit Bourbon Street and the pulleys. They were destroyed to clear and make way for the Louvre. There was little Bourbon hotel built in 1370 for the Count of Clermont. It was completely removed in 1758 and it was the location of the current garden. The hotel was built by Longueville brother of St. Louis. Enlargements were made by Enguerrand de Marigny. It was demolished in 1758. The hotel Garancière was destroyed in 1761 giving the rue de Rivoli.
Singular places are located on the rue du Louvre. The central post office of the Louvre and the newspaper Paris Soir located on this street. A vestige of a tower of Philip Augustus and former hotel Olonne are still visible on the street.
Transfer to the rue du Louvre in Paris
Rue du Louvre locates at 21.6 km from Orly Airport to 27.2 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.