History and visit the Quai d’Anjou in Paris
The Quai d’Anjou is part of the Notre Dame area in the 4th district of Paris. Along the Seine, it starts at No. 2 rue Saint-Louis en l’Ile and Pont de Sully and ends at No. 20 Rue des Deux-Ponts and the Pont Marie. It measures 313 m long and 7 m wide. It was built between 1614 and 1647. The platform consists largely of residential buildings. It may, however, see an art and theater, the Theatre of the Ile Saint-Louis-Paul Rey gallery. Located at No. 39, the theater is Italian style, with sixty seats.
The construction of the wharf was originally assigned to the general contractor of the bridges in France, Christophe Marie. The current Île Saint-Louis was called to the island then the cows. In 1623, Lagrange took over the building on the wharf. Four years later, Christophe Marie took over the management of the work. In 1647, Hebert finished the work in collaboration with local residents. Two ministerial decrees fixed the smaller width of the dock, one of 24 Frimaire Year XIII, and the other 9 May 1818. The platform stops at No. 41. It is named after Louis XIII’s brother, the Duke of Anjou. This name was chosen in honor of the royal family. Originally, only a portion bore the name of Anjou. The western portion was named dock Alencon. In 1780, he took the name of Quai d’Anjou in all its entirety. In 1792, he was called wharf Union. It was not until 1805 that he took again the name of Quai d’Anjou, a name he keeps this up. In the nineteenth century, the dock inclosed a twenty houses. Later, some odd side buildings were the subject of retrenchment as those of No. 19, 21, 23 and 25.
The Quai d’Anjou is currently surrounded by many notable buildings. It opens the prestigious Lambert hotel belonged to Lambert Thorigny. It was built by the architect Louis Le Vau. Passed from hand to hand, the hotel is now owned by the Polish prince Czarstoriski. The No. 1 Quai d’Anjou was also marked by a mansion, hotel Bretonvilliers. It was built between 1637 and 1642 by the architect Jean Androuet Hoop at the request of financial Claude Le Ragois Bretonvilliers. The building was demolished in 1874 and gave way to the construction of the Pont de Sully and the piercing of the Boulevard Henri IV. There are at No. 5 Hotel de Marigny, brother of property Madame de Pompadour, the marquis de Marigny Fish. Count Chemillé the Lepeultre knight then bought him away. Indebted Lepeultre abandoned hotel to his wife to flee. His creditor, the Marquis de Vignolles did sell in 1779 for a refund. Until 1843 the building remained the property of the family Pincot. At No. 17 stands the Hotel de Lauzun, also called Pimodan hotel. The architect Louis Le Vau built the building from 1656 to the couple Gruÿn Bordes and Genevieve Mony. The hotel changed ownership several times until 1928, when it became the property of the city of Paris. The hotel has been Lauzun, classified as historical monuments.
Prominent persons had their residence in the Quai d’Anjou. Honoré Daumier lived in a house located at No. 9, Paul Cézanne in a house at No. 15. Until September 1843, Charles Baudelaire lived in this house …
Taxi transfer to the Quai d’Anjou in Paris
Our fleet includes a large selection of luxury taxi cars from which you can choose to allow you to visit the marvelous sites of Paris aboard prestigious van. The Quai d’Anjou is located 18.7 kilometers from Orly Airport, 33 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 100 km from the airport of Beauvais.