History and visit the Jardin des Tuileries in Paris
The Jardin des Tuileries is a large public garden in Paris with a surface of more than twenty-five hectares. It is located at 113 rue de Rivoli in the 1st district. Created in the sixteenth century to the Tuileries Palace, which was the imperial and royal residence, it was remodeled in the seventeenth century by the landscape gardener André Le Nôtre. It takes its name from ancient tile factories that once implanted in the area. The Jardin des Tuileries is part of the World Heritage and listed as a historic monument in 1914. The site is served by Line 1 of the Metro Tuileries and Concorde Metro Station.
In the Middle Ages, many buildings have succeeded at the location of the Tuileries Garden. In the thirteenth century, the land was occupied by tile factories which gave way, in the fourteenth century, a house and several acres of arable land that belonged to Pierre Dessessart, the Provost of Paris. Two centuries later, the place was occupied by a hotel built by the Finance Secretary, Neufville de Villeroy. Francis made after the acquisition of the hotel to give to his mother. A few years later, the wife of Henry II of France, Catherine de Medici bought the property and then demolished.
Seduced by the scene, Catherine de Medici are built the Palais des Tuileries with a Florentine garden on the west side. The garden was decorated in length from six lanes and eight lanes in width and consist of various plants including flower beds, tree beds, lawns … The potter and ceramist Bernard Palissy was the decoration of the garden a cave decorated with a fountain and a menagerie. A ménanerie and an orangery were created in the garden between 1605 and 1625. In 1664, Louis XIV and one of his key ministers, Jean-Baptiste Colbert asked André Le Nôtre completely redesigning the garden. One who was well known as the creator of the royal gardens of Saint-Germain, Versailles, or St. Cloud. To redevelop the garden, Le Nôtre created a aisle in the axis of the palace. His side was bordered by a round basin while its western side of an octagonal basin. At the edge of the future rue de Rivoli and the Quai des Tuileries, he constructed the terrace Feuillant and terrace Waterfront. Along the future Place de la Concorde, he added two terraces equipped with two curved ramps for passage. The garden was decorated with many statues of marble. Antoine Coysevox decorated the main entrance with two representative statues of Mercury and fame riding a winged horse in 1719.
The Jardin des Tuileries was one of significant events during the Revolution. He witnessed the Taking of the Tuileries in 1792. On June 8, 1794, the round pool hosted the ceremony of the Supreme Being. When Napoleon III was at the head of France, he erected in the western part of the garden two identical buildings, one housed a tennis court which is the current National Gallery Jeu de Paume and the other an orangery is now the Musée de l’Orangerie. The garden was renovated between 1991 and 1996 by landscape François Roubaud, Louis Benech and Pascal Cribier. Gardeners field now taking care to place more than one hundred thousand plants each year there.
Transfer to the Jardin des Tuileries in Paris
The Jardin des Tuileries is located 20.5 kilometers from Orly Airport, 34.8 miles from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.9 km from the airport of Beauvais.