History and visit the Parvis Notre-Dame in Paris
Le Parvis Notre-Dame Paris is a great place which is located in the 4th district in the neighborhood of Notre-Dame. It starts on the Pont au Double, Rue du Cloitre-Notre-Dame Street and Arcola and ends at 6 rue de la Cité. Of vast extent, it is 135 m long and 100 m wide. Notre-Dame and Hôtel-Dieu were erected on this site. The square dates back to the very construction of the cathedral.
This street takes its name from Paradisus or Paradise indicated that once the surface established before the basilicas. Before the existence of colleges and universities, public schools were held in a large house located on the Parvis Notre-Dame. The house was home at the time the church of Sainte-Geneviève-des-Ardent and St. Kitts. She also served as the office of the poor and jail the Bishop of Paris. Armed with a torch, convicted offenders were brought to confess their wrongs and hear read their death sentence. On 11 March 1314, a scaffold was erected by Berenger and Stephen for the reading of the sentence which condemned the master of Normandy, the Grand Master of the Templars Jacques Molay and two other brothers to life imprisonment. The same evening, they were burned at the Island Office which is the current location of the Place Dauphine.
In 1748, the Parvis Notre-Dame was freed by the removal of churches St. Kitts and Sainte-Geneviève, as well as Huchette street in the city. The streets St. Kitts and Newfoundland Notre Dame were then extended. A building was also built to accommodate the children found. It housed shortly after the general administration of hospitals. This is especially the Hôtel-Dieu and the cloister of Notre-Dame who underwent enlargements made on the spot since the Revolution.
Transfer to the Parvis Notre-Dame in Paris
Le Parvis Notre-Dame is located at a distance of 24 km from Orly airport, 39 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 110 km from the airport of Beauvais.