History and visit the Avenue George V in Paris
Avenue George V is located in the 8th arrondissement of the city of Paris. It crosses the Champs-Élysées. It starts 5 Place de l’Alma and ends 99, avenue des Champs-Élysées. It measures 730 meters long and 40 meters wide. The creation of this street was made in 1858 and was known as the Avenue de l’Alma.
The name it bears today was given following a municipal decision dated 14 July 1918. Avenue George V was named in tribute to King George V. The racetrack was located at the corner of Avenue President Wilson and Avenue George V from 1877 to 1893. It is part of the most distinguished of the city of Paris.
Luxury boutiques, luxury hotels, renowned restaurants, but also nightclubs trend along this avenue. The George V hotel with Art Deco style is situated in the avenue. Crazy Horse is a must this avenue because it is one of the most famous cabarets in the French capital. The Chinese Embassy and the Embassy of Spain are in this avenue.
Several mansions that have been converted into Avenue Office or Embassy. The hotel de Ganay became the seat of the Permanent Assembly of Chambers of Agriculture, the hotel becomes Rouvre the Chinese Embassy, the Hotel de Wagram in Spanish embassy. The American Episcopal Church of the Holy Trinity was built between 1881 and 1884 is on this avenue. It is accessible by metro. Addresses closest to it are the metro George V and Alma Marceau metro.
Transfer to the Avenue George V in Paris
Avenue George V in Paris is located at a distance of 31.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport, 22 km from Orly Airport to 31.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.