Marbeuf Street is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It crosses the Champs-Élysées. It begins at 20, avenue George V and ends at 39, avenue des Champs-Élysées. It measures 460 meters long and 16 meters wide. The creation of this street was made in 1798. Previously, it was called Rue des Gourdes. It currently bears the name was given in 1829.
The formation of this street was made on the whereabouts of an old road that follows the large main sewer. The name she had worn before being called rue Marbeuf was in reference to swamp Gourges. This marsh is located between the Place de la Concorde and Avenue George V and were cultivated squash. The current name was given after the Ministerial Decision dated 19 October 1829. It is in reference to madness Marbeuf.
Unlike most of the streets of Paris, the street was home to one Marbeuf hotel during the Second Empire. It is the hotel of Madame de Chasseloup-Laubat. During this period, the driveway Marbeuf still existed. This street was a picture of elegance and home to rich people. A restaurant designed by architect Emile Hutré and painted by the painter Jules Wielhorski with Art Nouveau style is located in this street. It attracted well-known personalities like member of the Comédie-French Raphael Duflos, actress Jane Hading and man of letters Grosclaude. It has a particular site that viking river cruises is c / o Athenaeum and many restaurants.
Transfer to the street Marbeuf in Paris
Street Marbeuf is at a distance of 26.5 km from Orly Airport, 30 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.