History and visit the Palace of Justice in Paris
The courthouse is a monument which is in France in the city of Paris. Its construction was carried out between the thirteenth and nineteenth century. It is located in the first arrondissement, on the Ile de la Cité. In all its immensity, the palace has a huge place in the city. Currently, there are many legal institutions therein. Former residence of the kings of France, the Palace was the seat of power of the various rulers from the tenth century to the fourteenth century.
Over the centuries, the Palace was the victim of several fires. One of the first was in 1601 when the waiting room and all the parts representing the power of the kings of France were completely devastated by fire, leaving nothing in its wake. Seventeen years later, it was the turn of the Great Hall, fortunately the fire did not do more damage, its restoration was entrusted to the architect Salomon de Brosse. Eventually comes to the incedie 1630, when the spire of the Sainte Chapelle was in turn destroyed by a fire. The damage had hardly stopped the, since 1737, the Court of Auditors in turn became a victim. The last fire dates from the time of Louis XVI when the flames have traveled much of the Palace from the Sainte Chapelle to the Conciergerie.
Court in May that once served as a place of parking trucks prisoners was completely rebuilt with a façade between 1783 and 1786. The main gate made entirely of iron, decorated with gilding was built in 1776 by the expert locksmith Bigonnet. Like other monuments, the Palace had also suffered the consequences of the Revolution, but instead of being destroyed, it was decided that he would become the Revolutionary Court April 6, 1793 and it lasted more than two years. A great debate had been opened concerning the future of the Palace, it was finally decided that the palace was used as a parliament rather than court. Work had begun and new jobs were created. It was subsequently decided that the Palace was being renovated under the July Monarchy. The Palace was again regain its glory, it is for this reason that the work was entrusted to Jean-Nicolas Huyot.
Following the death of Huyot, the work was entrusted to Joseph-Louis Duc Honoré Daumet. Then comes the 1848 Revolution, the palace and becomes a target of revolutionary and work was stopped again, but again some time later. The statues decorating the Palace are the most the sculptor Philippe Joseph Henri Lemaire. The Palace would lead its total renovation when the tragic events of 1870 destroyed the Palace again in a incedie burn the monument at various locations. May 24, 1871, more than a quarter of the Castle was completely devastated. A renovation was needed once more, Daumet was in charge again and the site took place in 1883, it was one of the major restructuring that Castle has seen since its inception. Until now, it is possible to see traces of bullets left on the south facade of the Palace at various events release in 1944. Currently, the courthouse still keeps all its splendor and the highest court of law, that is to say, the Court of Cassation of France is there today.
Transfer to the Palais de Justice in Paris
The Palais de Justice in Paris is located at a distance of 19 km from Orly Airport, 33.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 96.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.