Shuttle transfer Buttes-Chaumont to Paris airport
History and visit the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont in Paris
The Parc des Buttes-Chaumont extends over an area of 24.73 hectares. It is located in the 19th arrondissement of Paris on the rue Botzaris. The name of this park is very old and mean Bald Mountain because of the lack of vegetation in the past. Achieving this monumental park was made in 1867 under the command of the imperial government.
The Parc des Buttes-Chaumont is a English garden made by the engineer Jean-Charles Alphand. It is one of the largest green spaces in Paris and has a large gradient. The slope is due to the former quarry that was the location of the park.
The middle of the park is adorned by an artificial lake on which stands an island. It is named Belvedere Island and the Temple of the Sibyl is built by Gabriel Davioud in 1869. Two bridges are available to reach the island: the suspension bridge and the bridge of suicides.
Rare species of flora in the park disperse as historical trees and rare species such as Sophora, honey of America, the cedar of Lebanon. It retains various species of birds like crows, pigeons, pigeons cities, sparrows, blackbirds, greenfinches, woodpeckers.
An artificial waterfall and a beautiful cave singled this park. The cave was the old entrance to a quarry. She is 14 meters wide and 20 meters high. The park is decorated with statues of some famous people. Statues were added in 1900 as the Plunderer sea bronze made by Pierre Oge. The garden is composed of many bridges with suspension bridge leading to the island 65 meters in height.
Transfer to the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont in Paris
The Parc des Buttes-Chaumont is located 24.6 km from the airport d4orly, 26 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from the airport of Beauvais.