Private van transfer from Pont Alexandre III to Paris Orly airport
History and visit the Pont Alexandre III in Paris
Pont Alexandre III is located in the city of Paris and crossed the Seine. It is made primarily of steel and measures 160 meters long and 30 meters wide. The construction of this bridge was made from 1896 to 1900. It is classified as a historic monument since 1975. It connects Wilson Churchill Avenue and the Esplanade des Invalides. It consists of a single arch.
The first stone of the Pont Alexandre III was laid in 1896 by Tsar Nicolas II of Russia. He was the symbol of the French and Russian reconciliation through the initialling of the covenant made in 1891 by the President of the French Republic, Sadi Carnot and Tsar Alexander III. Construction of the bridge were provided by architects Cassien Bernard and Gaston Cousin and Jean Résal engineers and Amédée Alby. It was launched at the World Exhibition in Paris by President Émile Loubet in 1900.
The Alexander III bridge has three points of articulation. It has various ornaments that differentiate it from other bridges in the capital. Nymphs of the Neva and the Seine have reasonable remarkable. The masks are elaborately carved. It is part of the first prefabricated of his time. Each outcome of the bridge is composed of two square pillars surmounted by statues representing famous combat, arts of war and agriculture. The base of the four pillars is decorated with statues showing the France of Charlemagne, Louis XIV, contemporary and Renaissance.
Transfer to the Pont Alexandre III in Paris Pont Alexandre III is located 19.4 km from Orly Airport to 28.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.