History and visit the Rue de Tournon in Paris
The Rue de Tournon is a street in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. Included in the extension of the rue de Seine, the Rue de Tournon ends up in the Rue de Vaugirard. This beautiful Parisian street was mostly his popularity by many mansions that lined it. The Rue de Tournon has changed its name several times before maintaining its current name.
Historically, the name of the Rue de Tournon went up in 1541. This street was named after an abbot of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Cardinal François de Tournon, which was one of the leading consultants King Francis. Moreover, the land on which the rue de Tournon was born belonged to the monks of the abbey.
The Rue de Tournon is located in the lively Odéon. Morphologically, it starts at No. 19 Rue Saint-Sulpice and ends at No. 24 rue Vaugirard. The length of this road is 233 meters and its width is 13.70 meters. The Rue de Tournon has hosted several famous figures in history as the Duchess of Montpensier, Laplace and Theroigne Méricourt who was a hero of the revolution.
Today, the Rue de Tournon displays a more modern with beautiful buildings that surround it. It has become the rendezvous of tourists in search of smaller side, but modern Paris. View from the street Vaugirard, rue de Tournon particularly attracted by its wide open allowing traffic to the most beautiful cars and pedestrians.
Transfer to the Rue de Tournon in Paris
The Rue de Tournon is located 16.1 km from Orly Airport, 34 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from Paris Beauvais airport.