History and visit the Rue du Regard in Paris
The rue du Regard is a street belonging to the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It connects to the rue de Vaugirard Street Rennes. This street is located specifically in the neighborhood of Notre-Dame-des-Champs. The rue du Regard has already existed in the 16th century. These are the lines that serve and 4 M Street Station Saint-Placide.
To the 16th century, the street was only looking old path named "Herbu way." Street name changed yet and was named Rue de la Fosse then Ausmonier from 1529. In 1646, we named the street from the "Descent of Montargis." The rue du Regard was officially opened in 1680 and named in reference to a view of fountain.
The rue du Regard starts at No. 37 rue du Cherche-Midi and ends at No. 116 Rue de Rennes. It measures 253 meters long and has a width of 12 meters. Early to mid 19th century, rue du Regard has been known for hosting the new fountains of Paris, a masterpiece of Jean-François Bralle. One of these fountains that Leda was then transferred to the Luxembourg gardens.
There are several buildings listed as historical monuments in the street look. The street also housed the former military prison "Prison Cherchemidi." The famous Captain Dreyfus was imprisoned in this prison until 1959. The "Maison des Sciences de l’Homme" has replaced the prison.
Transfer to the Rue du Regard in Paris
The rue du Regard is 16 km from Orly airport to 35.2 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.9 km from Paris Beauvais airport.