History and tour of the district Chaillot in Paris
The district of Chaillot is located in the 16th arrondissement of the French capital. This is the 64th administrative district of the city of Paris. He stands on the hill of Chaillot. He was the former village of Chaillot. It existed from the 11th century according to some writings, but under other names as Chalouel or Chaleau.
The district of Chaillot is a town in the French capital in 1659. Its development started from building a castle for Queen Catherine de Medici followed by other large buildings such as the convent of Chaillot. The construction of the palace of the King of Rome on the hill was considered during the First Empire. The Chaillot district was attached to the city of Paris in 1860. On the occasion of the Universal Exhibition in 1878, the sumptuous palace of Trocadéro was built. This construction has been accompanied by the creation of several homes. A specialized exhibition in 1937 led to the replacement of the Trocadero Palace by the Palais de Chaillot.
The district of Chaillot was renovated in the 19th century. The Iena bridge and built from 1804 to 1813. Several construction projects have succeeded as the proposed monument to the victory of the French monarchy, the proposed statue of Napoleon. This district was the location of world exhibitions. These exhibitions were intended to show the economic skills to France. They attracted many people from around the world.
Transfer to the district Chaillot in Paris
The district of Chaillot is at a distance of 20.2 km from Orly Airport, 30.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.