History and visit of istrict Auteuil in Paris
The Auteuil district is located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. He is the 61st administrative district of the French capital. It is located in the western part of Paris between the Bois de Boulogne and the Seine. He was attached to the town of Auteuil up its attachment to Paris. The origin of the name of the area comes from the Latin word "latus".
The Lords of Auteuil were the abbots of St. Genevieve in 1109. During the revolution the fief was abolished to give way to the town of Auteuil. It was a quiet place that attracted wealthy Parisians. They built country houses. The construction of Thiers led to the division of the Auteuil area into two parts. The enlargement of the wall of the Farmers-General on 1 January 1860 has led to the elimination of the town of Auteuil. The inner part of the wall of Thiers is attached to the city of Paris while the outer portion is attached to Boulogne.
The Auteuil area has various special places such as garden greenhouses of Auteuil, and Sainte-Perine park. It houses the Lycée Jean Baptiste Say, which was built in 1895 and registered as an historic monument since October 19, 1928. The Notre Dame d’Auteuil Auteuil and the cemetery is located in this area. The Le Corbusier Foundation lies in this area. It saves various archives of the artist as drawings or plans. Many famous people have lived in this area as Molière, Benjamin Franklin, Jean Le Michaud d’Arcon.
Transfer to the Auteuil district of Paris
The Auteuil is located at a distance of 21.1 km from Orly Airport, 32.2 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90.1 km from the airport of Beauvais.