- History and visit of the district of the Porte Saint-Martin in Paris
- Transfer to the district of Porte Saint-Martin in Paris
History and visit of the district of the Porte Saint-Martin in Paris
The district of the Porte Saint-Martin was the site of a town located in the 10th arrondissement of the French capital. It is the 39th administrative district of the city of Paris. It is so named because of the presence of the Porte Saint-Martin in his neighborhood. The Porte Saint Martin was built in 1674 in memory of victories on the Rhine and Franche-Comté. It was built by the architect Pierre Bullet.
The district of the Porte Saint-Martin is distinguished by its industrial and commercial character. He specialized in the production, but also export these products abroad. It also has a large number of artisans who are involved in the economic development of the area. It is accessible by metro. Addresses closest to the metro district are metros Strasbourg Republic, Saint Denis, Château d’Eau, Château-Landon, Louis Blanc and Stalingrad. It is also served by the Gare de l’Est.
The district of the Porte Saint-Martin is home to the famous Theatre de la Porte Saint-Martin. It is part of the largest theaters in the city of Paris with its 1800 Places. It was built in a record time of two months in order to receive the Royal Academy of Music. It is the work of architect Nicolas Lenoir. The district also houses the Renaissance theater is a listed monument since June 14, 1994.
Transfer to the district of Porte Saint-Martin in Paris
The district of St. Martin door is at a distance of 26.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport, 22.3 km from Orly Airport and 85.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.