History of the town of Appoigny in Burgundy
Appoigny which is a French commune located in the department of Yonne and the Burgundy region. The name comes from the word Appoigny Eponiacus which comes from the name of a Gallo-Roman goddess Epona. The villa became over time an important area parents of Saint-Germain, which Rusticus and Germanilla. Of its geographical location, Appoigny has since its origins a turbulent existence. Thus, the Huns, the Franks and Normans plundered the village to each of their passages.
Tourism and visits Appoigny
Appoigny beyond the common tourist attractions namely the College Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul Appoigny who owns a very rare jubes department. This church was built by William de Seignelay the bishop of Auxerre. Built from 1606 to 1610, the loft was a gift of the bishop of Auxerre. This form three large arcades limited by fluted pilasters and decorated spandrels with figures of angels. The loft is filed under furniture history. Régennes Castle is located in the municipality of Appoigny. The castle was built in the late twelfth century by the bishops of Auxerre. In 1432, the Burgundian army seized the castle after the bombing. In 1472, the castle was completely destroyed. Shortly after, it was rebuilt by the bishops of Dinteville well as the descendants of Régennes. In 1569, the Protestants take and burn the castle. In 1576, Jacques Amyot rebuilt it as it was before.
Our brand offers to go in comfortable vehicles. You get to choose between the private car, luxury car VIP shuttle and collective.
Shuttle transportation to Appoigny from Paris airports
The common Appoigny is 9 km from Auxerre and 141 km from Paris. It is situated 157km from Orly airport, 190 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 256km from Paris Beauvais airport.