History and tour in district of of Passy in Paris
The Passy belongs to the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It was the former commune of the Seine. It is attached to the city of Paris in 1860. The name of the area comes from the Latin word Passicium or Paciacum. This name appeared for the first time in 1250 in an agreement. Jeanne Paillard was the first Baroness of this place in 1416.
The residents of Passy avaeint received the right to build walls in their fields in the 14th century. Previously, this place was surrounded by the castle Boulainvilliers of plain Passy and another huge field. This castle started from the current area of the Maison de Radio France until Mozart Avenue, the plain had many windmills and the area with a great view of the beautiful hotel Lamballe. A chapel was built by Claude Chahu who was a financial advisor and King. The Notre-Dame-de-Grace is located in this district.
The Passy housed many famous people. The member for Vaucluse and the Genéral Charles Teste, the French magistrate and politician Joseph Marie Portalis, the first mayor of Passy Louis Guillaume Le Veillard, Italian sculptor Carlo Marochetti part of these famous people. The painter Berthe Morisot had his studio there until 1871. The population of this area continues to increase every year. It is a mixture of several styles of people and this is what gives its particularity.
Transfer to the district of Passy in Paris
The Passy is located at a distance of 22.6 km from Orly Airport, 33.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.