History and visit the rue de Bassano in Paris
Rue de Bassano is a path located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It passes through the neighborhood of Chaillot and the Champs-Élysées. It starts at 58, avenue d’Iena and ends at 101 Avenue des Champs-Élysées. It was created in 1777 and took the name of promenade de Chaillot and rue du Château des Fleurs. The name was given its present designation in 1881 as a tribute to Hugues Bernard Maret, Duke of Bassano one. It was a French diplomat and politician, member of the French Academy and the Academy of Moral and Political Sciences.
A section of the rue de Bassano already existed in 1730. This part was named Lane Gardens. While the section was between the Champs Elysee and the rue Vernet was used as an easterly boundary the promenade de Chaillot. This segment was called rue du Château flowers and led to the castle of Flowers. Extensions of the street were performed and led to the demolition of the castle.
Bassano Street housed two hotels, including hotel and Cahen d’Anvers hotel
miss-Teixeira Leite. Cahen d’Anvers hotel was built in 1880 by Gabriel Hippolyte. It was made for Count Louis Cahen d’Anvers and Countess Louise Morpurgo. He was removed from the family and used as Annex Cahen Parisian Drancy. The facade of the ground floor of the hotel Texeira miss-Leite still exists in the rue de Bassano, but it is overlooked by a modern building which has 5 floors.
Transfer to the rue de Bassano in Paris
Rue de Bassano is located at a distance of 21.5 km from Orly Airport to 29.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.9 km from the airport of Beauvais.