History and visit the Rue du Bac in Paris
Rue du Bac is a wide street of Paris is located in the 7th arrondissement. It begins at the docks Voltaire and Anatole-France and ends at the rue de Sèvres. It is 1150 m long and 20 m wide. Prosperous trade is one of the busiest streets of the capital. You can see its beauty by the remarkable buildings that adorn as the former monastery of the Immaculate Conception or Récollettes were founded in 1637, the Hotel de la Feuillade, the Motherhouse of the Daughters of Charity and Notre lady of the Miraculous Medal Chapel called the Rue du Bac, the Hotel Sainte-Aldegonde built during the eighteenth century …
Historically, a ferry was established in 1550 to cross the Seine. He served in the transport blocks of stone from the quarries of Vaugirard for the construction of the Tuileries Palace. Street then took its name from the tray. It is named at the beginning of the highway tray, then changed lane du Bac and Rue du Bac great and finally Rue du Bac. In 1632, the ferry was replaced by a wooden bridge, built by financier Barbier. The bridge changed its name twice: Sainte-Anne Bridge, Pont-Rouge. It is now called the Pont Royal.
Rue du Bac is also the name that carries a metro station on line 12, Boulevard Raspail out of the Rue du Bac. The station was opened on 5 November 1910. It was renovated in 1984 urgently because of its poor condition. The renovation does that ended December 18, 2007. She had a single access either to leave or to enter on the median of the boulevard Raspail.
Transfer to the Rue du Bac in Paris
Rue du Bac is located 18 km from Orly airport, 26 km from CDG Airport, 87 km from the airport of Beauvais