History and visit the Rue de l’Ancienne Comédie
Formerly known as Rue des Fosses Saint-Germain, Rue de l’Ancienne Comedie is located in the sixth arrondissement of Paris, in the district of the Mint. It became available since 1560 on the path along the wall of Philip Augustus. She took the name Rue de l’Ancienne Comédie following the construction of the first French Theatre in 1680.
On this street, the Comédie-French in 1687 bought the game of tennis de l’Etoile. She was built by the architect Orbay a nice hotel room where actors entered the king maintained by Her Majesty. It was opened in 1689.
It is in this room that played Lekain, Voltaire, and Clairon Lecouvreur plays. François Marie Arouet called “Voltaire” is a writer, poet of the eighteenth century born 21 November 1694 in Chatenay, and died 31 May 1778 in Paris. Lekain is a tragic actor born in 1728 and died in 1778. He joined in 1750 the French Comedie. Claire de la Tude Layris or Clairon is a famous actress born in 1723 in Flanders and died in 1803 in Paris. It began in 1743 at the Comédie-French but left it in 1765.
On this street, opposite the theater, was the Cafe Procope. It was a sort of branch of the French Academy, which frequented by famous writers like Voltaire, Marmontel, Lamothe, Duclos, etc.. But in 1770, the theater left the street to the Tuileries Palace and became a private house.
Transfer to the Rue de l’Ancienne Comedie in Paris
Rue de l’Ancienne Comedie is 19 km from Orly airport, 38 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport. Rue de l’Ancienne Comedie in Paris is 112 km from Beauvais Airport.