History and visit the Rue Lamarck in Paris
Rue Lamarck is located in the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It opens at the top of the butte Montmartre, the street Maurice Utrillo and Rue du Cardinal Dubois, through the rue Caulaincourt, and ends on the Avenue de Saint-Ouen and Étex street. It belongs to the district of Grandes-Careers and Clignancourt with a dimension of 1555 m long and 12 m wide. This is a longer Parisian way.
Historically, the construction of the rue Lamarck became step by step. It was inaugurated between the rue du Chevalier de La Barre and rue Eugène-career in 1867. Then it underwent two extensions: the first was to the south Foyatier Street in 1881, the second to the west, leading to the Avenue de Saint-Ouen in 1893. The part between the street and Maurice Utrillo Foyatier street separated from her in 1930 and took the name of rue Cardinal Dubois.
The street is named after Jean-Baptiste Pierre Antoine de Monet, Chevalier de Lamarck was a French naturalist. In 1793, he taught invertebrate zoology at the Museum. He made a classification of invertebrates in the early nineteenth century. He was one of those who used the word biology to talk about the science of living beings.
Apart from the tall buildings that line this street, you can see next to the Jewish Nursery Paris, the church Basilica of the Sacred Heart, still called the National Church of the Vow. Its construction was made by a decree of the National Assembly in 1874. It began in 1875 and ended only in 1919. It was created following the Abadie plans.
Transfer to the Rue Lamarck in Paris
Rue Lamarck is located 29.4 kilometers from Orly Airport, 25.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 82.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.