History and visit the Place de la Concorde in Paris
Place de la Concorde, in the 8th arrondissement, is the largest square in the French capital and is located on the western end of the Champs-Élysées. Designed in 1755 as a channel octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Gardens to the east.
It was named Place Louis XV to honor the king and was adorned with fountains and statues. North two beautiful stone built twins were raised, it is one of the finest examples of construction under Louis XV. One of them is now the Hotel Crillon and the other head of the Department of the Navy.
During the Revolution, the statue of King was shot and instead renamed “Place de la Revolution.” The guillotine was installed on the plaza and many VIPs there that were beheaded Louis XVI and Queen Marie-Antoinette. In one month alone, more than 1,300 people are fallen. After these events, and to show the return of peace, the place regained its old name since 1826 until today.
Places known as surround the church of La Madeleine, the American Embassy. South, the Seine is spanned by the Pont de la Concorde or Palais Bourbon, which is the other side of the river. At each of the eight corners of the square is a statue, obelisk of Luxor offered by the Egyptians in the nineteenth century stands in the middle. Several films have been tournés. Les two fountains of the Place de la Concorde, which have the same appearance, were inspired by the fountains of Rome.
Transfer from the Place de la Concorde in Paris
Place de la Concorde is located 22.6 km from Orly airport, 34.3 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 94.96 km from the airport of Beauvais.