History and visit the Place de la Concorde in Paris
The Place de la Concorde is the largest square in the city of Paris with an area of 8.64 hectares. It is located in the 8th arrondissement. It crosses the district of La Madeleine and measuring 359 meters long 212 meters wide. The creation of this site was made in 1772. The name it bears today was given in 1830 after bearing various names, including place Louis XV, Revolution Square, Place Louis XVI and place of the Charter.
The Place de la Concorde opens on the Rue Royale and the Pont de la Concorde. It is a great work of the Enlightenment. This site shows a great evolution in style after the French rococo style. It reveals the architect Ange-Jacques Gabriel and the sculptor Edme Bouchardon.
The name of this place changed depending on the political regime, but also the events that settled in France. The Place de la Concorde was built in honor of King Louis XV. But during the French Revolution, it was the scene of popular festivities funeral. The royal family which Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, Danton, Robespierre, and not less than one thousand royalists were executed on the spot. It was during the reign of Louis-Philippe in 1830 that the name "Place de la Concorde" was given.
The Place de la Concorde is a place that respects the open field of vision tile. An equestrian statue of Louis XV was in the middle of the square. It was destroyed during the Revolution and the guillotine had taken place. Arrangements have been made under Louis-Philippe. The work was done in accordance with plans Jacques-Ange Gabriel.
Transfer to the Place de la Concorde in Paris
The Place de la Concorde is at a distance of 19.3 km from Orly Airport, 29 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.