History and visit the Pont Marie in Paris
The Pont Marie is part of the 4th district of Paris. Crossing the Seine, it allows to reach the Ile Saint-Louis at the dock of the Hotel de Ville. Since 10 February 1887, he was ranked among the great monuments of Paris. Through the Metro Pont Marie, you can access this site. This is one of the oldest bridges in the capital.
This building was built in the seventeenth century between 1614 and 1635 by Christophe Marie. The bridge takes its name from the latter which was a dealer work on the Ile Saint-Louis and at the same time general contractor bridges of France. The urbanization of the island was one of the reasons for the bridge construction. A large crowd was present at the beginning of its foundation.
The first stone was laid by Marie de Medici. Completed in 1635, it was used to traffic.
Fifty houses covered the bridge after its construction. They were built by carpenter Claude Dublet. In 1658, the Seine won twenty of these houses and two south arches of the bridge following a major flood.
Two years later, a wooden bridge was rebuilt. In 1677, the bridge was rebuilt in stone. In 1769 the ban on building houses on the bridge was applied. The rest of the houses that had not been swept away by the Seine were destroyed in 1788. The Pont Marie is a stone bridge. It is composed of five different arches. It is 92 m long and 22.60 m wide with 14.60 m of floor and 4m for both sidewalks that border.
Transfer to the Pont Marie in Paris
The Pont Marie is located 18km from Orly Airport, 32.3 miles from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 99.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.