History and visit the Theatre Marigny in Paris
The Marigny Theatre is located at the opening of the Avenue des Champs- Elysées , the Marigny square , at the gardens of the Champs -Elysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris . It was built in 1894 by architect Edward Niermans . It consists of two large rooms , the Great Hall which has a capacity of 1024 seats and Popesco room which has 311 seats. Since 2000, the Marigny theater owned by François Pinault . The artistic director of the theater was provided by Robert Hossein , he was replaced by Pierre Lescure since 2008. In addition to the theater , the hotel also hosts other cultural events such as shows and one man shows . The theater receives about two hundred thousand spectators per year. In 2010 he joined the National Union of Directors and turners Private Theatre ( SNDTP ) and the Association for the Support of Private Theatre ( ASTP ) aimed at strengthening the historical model of the private theater. It is open Monday to Saturday from 11 am to 18 : 30 pm and Sunday from 11 am to 15 pm . The theater is served by metro Champs- Élysées – Clemenceau , lines 1 and 13 , and Franklin D. Roosevelt, lines 1 and 9.
The history of the Marigny theater began in 1835 when a magician wanted to offer its attractions per square Marigny . After the revolution of 1848 in a small room called Château d’Enfer , were organized shows physical fun , spooky and full of curiosity. A few years later , Jacques Offenbach, a French cellist and composer of German origin , transformed the small room into a theater. It was inaugurated July 5, 1855 , known as the Bouffes -Parisiens . When the lease expired in 1859 , the band Offenbach moved to a room in the Rue Monsigny . The theater then took the name of the son of the famous mime Jean -Gaspard Deburau Deburau Charles , director of the institution . Celeste Mogador Deburau directed the theater until 1865 , year in which he or changed in Folies- Marigny . In 1881 , it was demolished . The architect of the Paris Opera , Charles Garnier built an overview two years later, the Panorama Marigny . In 1894 , it was transformed into a theater rotunda following the plans of architect Edward Niermans . From 1910 , the theater was managed by Abel Deval .
Fifteen years later, the facility was expanded and directed by Leon Volterra. In 1946 , it gave Simone Volterra, his wife, the management of the institution . The Renaud-Barrault company , composed of former members of the Comédie- French born from there . In 1954, a small room was set up in the theater by Jean- Louis Barrault . It was called the Petit Marigny . The actress Elvira Popescu led the theater between 1965 and 1978. The hotel was renovated shortly after . The small room was converted into a small theater with a capacity of more than three hundred seats . Gabriel was appointed room and bathroom Popesco . Until 1988 in the Marigny theater there was a television show aired entitled the theater tonight , it also served to celebrate the ceremonies Molières . In 2000 , the theater was purchased by the holding company Artemis, owned by François Pinault .
The rooms of the Marigny theater have also hosted various shows . The hall received the show “Napoleon” by Serge Lama in 1986 , “Antigone” by Jean Anouilh in 2003, Serge Lama concert in 2005 … In the room Popescu was presented in 1983 Education Rita by Willy Russell in 1999 “The Visitor” by Eric -Emmanuel Schmitt, and in 2002 ” Elvira ” by Henri Bernstein …
Shuttle transfer to the Théâtre Marigny in Paris
Discover picturesque and historic places in Paris by private car with driver by reserving your vehicle with our team. The Marigny Theatre is located 24.9 kilometers from Orly Airport , 30.3 miles from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.