History and visit the Archbishop’s Bridge in Paris
The bridge of the Archdiocese, in the fifth arrondissement of Paris, used to link the platform of the Tournelle in the fifth arrondissement, with the Archbishop of the Fourth District. This beautiful and very useful bridge was built in 1627 according to a well defined architecture characterized primarily by its three arches, two end respectively to 15 meters and the middle which rises to 17 meters.
In a neighborhood like having the most powerful determining the archdiocese, which allows the bridge, the fifth arrondissement, join the Île de la Cité (Fourth District), Bridge took the name of the Archdiocese. The religious establishment was destroyed after the popular uprising of 14 February 1831. The bridge of the Archdiocese did nothing extraordinary on the architectural plan for the lovers of ancient architecture and has no glorious tales, but has a high value Mystic particularly dear to lovers.
The closest the French capital, this bridge has become with time and remains a place of rendez vous for those who want to immortalize their love relationship in their original engraving on lock and sealing it on the railing of the bridge. This is why also we see hundreds, thousands of padlocks engraved hanging on the railing. It is customary practice that was born the nickname “the bridge of love! “Given to this bridge.
Transfer to the Pont de l’Archevêché in Paris
The Pont de l’Archevêché is 33.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport, 19.2 km from Orly airport, and 20.1 km from Paris Beauvais airport.