History and visit the Rue Princesse in Paris
Princess Street is a street located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, in the district of Odéon. Clearly visible from the rue du Four, this street is characterized by modestly decorated buildings that surround it. This street is the liaison between the street and the Guisarde rue du Four and is also one of the busiest streets in the 6th.
The opening of the road, according to historical records began in 1630. At that time, the street was opened on the territory of the hotel Roussillon. It was in this hotel that the daughter of the Duke of Guise was crowned Duchess of Montpensier by his marriage with Louis II combines Guisards. Yet from 1793 to 1807, the street was called “street justice.”
Princess Street was already surrounded by several buildings after only fifteen years after its opening. Then, as time progresses, the street became more modern and retains only a few memories of the past. During the French Revolution, the street was called Rue Princesse revolutionary. The famous French traveler Jean Chardin was a house at No. 13 rue Princesse.
According to the ministerial decision issued on 15 Vendemiaire year IX, the width of the rue Princesse was increased to 7 meters. The royal decree issued in May 1841 changed the width and the width of the porta Princess Street to 10 meters. The length of this road is 93 meters. Princess Street itself starts at No. 17 rue du Four and ends at No. 6 Rue Guisarde.
Transfer to the Rue Princesse in Paris
Princess Street is located 16.6 km from Orly Airport, 34 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport to arrive at Princess Street and 89.7 km from Paris Beauvais airport.