History and visit the Bourse de Commerce in Paris
The first district of Paris is full of beautiful monuments like the Bourse de Commerce inaugurated 24 September 1889. It is a place rich in history. Its interior and exterior makes it worth visiting if only to appreciate that its beautiful frescoes, the staircase, ornamental sculptures or its glass dome. With 800 years of history, the place where the foundation of the Bourse de Commerce saw the greatest figures in the history of France’s brushing their feet. He in turn belonged to princes, kings and queens before becoming the property of the state. With its distinctive, round with a glass dome, it stands out very clearly in the Châtelet-Les Halles district. Visits can only take place on weekdays between 9 am and 18 pm. To get there, you can take the line 1 of the metro and get off at Louvre-Rivole or line 4 down to Les Halles. There is also the RER where you have to stop at Châtelet – Les Halles.
The first building that was at the Place de la Bourse de Commerce was a hotel owned by John II of Nesles, built in the early thirteenth century. With no heir, he gave the king St. Louis in 1232. The latter then gave it to his mother. In 1498, it was reformed into a shelter for former prostitutes under the name "Convent girls repented" for a little less than a century. After that, the site belonged to a succession of crowned heads of France before becoming the property of Catherine de Medici in 1572. The work is undertaken it was so important that she would die well before they were not completed. The Medici column still in place even today is the last witness to the hotel. Years later, the hotel changed ownership again, still among the members of the royal family for multiple uses in a hotel or residence. He even welcomes the Paris stock exchange in 1720. In 1748, the provost of Paris in which the Prince of Carignan gave the building razed completely in 1963. The column miraculously escaped from it since it was sold separately from Bachaumont Louis Petit, after which gave the city of Paris.
In place of the hotel, it was decided to build a Corn Exchange. The place is ideally located in relation to the Seine to store valuable items, but also for their safety. The layout of the hall was done gradually in 1783 to become the largest area with a dome France. Twenty years later, in 1802, a fire destroyed the first Halle. Its reconstruction was completed in 1811. A second fire occurred in 1854. Again rebuilt, however, it closed its doors in 1873, is no longer profitable. The building was then assigned to the House of Shops, who installed the Bourse de Commerce in 1889. The first renovation after its transformation into Bourse de Commerce did not take place until a century later though it does not touch the glass dome which is a technical feat. These trading activities in commodities ended in 1998.
Taxi and shuttle to Bourse de Commerce in Paris
The Board of Trade is located 20 km from Orly Airport, 27.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86 km from the airport of Beauvais.