History and visit theStreet Colisée in Paris
The street from the Coliseum is a way belonging to the 8th arrondissement of Paris. Located in the Faubourg du Roule, it begins in the Champs-Elysées and ends at the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. It has a length of 432 meters. The width of the street primitive was determined by a ministerial decision of 17 Brumaire, Year XII.
Historically, it was a decision of the Council of 25 August 1769 the king ordered that the path of Gourds, winding path, which since the 17th century, roamed through the marshes between the Faubourg Saint-Honoré and the Champs-Élysées is converted in a new way straight street called the Coliseum. The track was actually created towards the end of the same year. It derives its name from the Colosseum, luxurious building pleasures or Vauxhall, located in the neighborhood and opened between 1771 and 1780.
Again according to the given historical street was called the path or lane called the Gourds which currently forms a path winding between marshes, and communicates the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in the main avenue of the Champs-Élysées. It is this alley Gourdes which will be expanded to form a street called the Coliseum.
The street is attached a lot of characters and historical sites. No. 24 housed the Romanian writer Panait Istrati French language (1884-1935) between 1922 and 1930. At No. 34 in 1941 found the famous cabaret Le Boeuf sur le Toit. At No. 36 was a British consulate in 1910. No. 38 was the home of a Belgian Legation until 1905.
Transfer to the Street Colisée in Paris
Street Coliseum is located 22.3 km from Orly Airport. From Charles de Gaulle Airport to the street Colisée there are 31.2 km and 86.3 km from Paris Beauvais airport.