- History and visit the library Sainte-Geneviève in Paris
- Transferred to the Bibliothèque Sainte-Geneviève in Paris
History and visit the library Sainte-Geneviève in Paris
Sainte-Geneviève library is placed in the 5th arrondissement of Paris Pantheon. It was inaugurated on February 2, 1851. It spreads over an area of 13,500 square meters and has about 46,000 visitors each year. Sainte-Geneviève library is located in the former location of the co-Montaigu. The building was built by architect Henri Labrouste. Enlargements and spatial arrangements have been made on the building.
Sainte-Geneviève library is a library interuniversity encyclopedic. It is open to the public and anyone coming of age and in possession of the degree. It holds the collections of the former abbey of Sainte-Geneviève became the central school of the revolution.
It has about two million documents concerning all disciplines. The library collection consists of three funds, including funds ancient general funds consist of documents from 1811 to the present day and Fenno-Scandinavian fund the Nordic library. It is the first French library with digital library.
The building of the Sainte-Geneviève library is neoclassical. It has a discreet, neat. The facade of the library is adorned with the names of the authors of the 5th until the 7th century. A band around the building marks the ground floor and first floor.
The only entrance to the library provides access to a large vestibule composed of columns, frescoes and marble floors. The entrance hall leads to the room for the storage of exceptional works. The reading room consists of a large hall divided in two by the central columns.
Transferred to the Bibliothèque Sainte-Geneviève in Paris
Sainte-Geneviève Library and Orly airport are at 18.4 distance , 29 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 101 km from the airport of Beauvais.