- History and visit the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides in Paris
- Transfer to the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides in Paris
History and visit the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides in Paris
The Saint-Louis des Invalides church is located in Paris, in the 7th arrondissement .. It was built between 1677 and 1679, after King Louis XIV had this idea. This storefront measure 196 meters. He thought that veterans should have a chapel, where its design. To do this, Jules Hardouin Mansart and Bunting have braces. The chapel is now known as the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides and is open every day of the week. Unique, this church is like no other church in Paris. This is the first point of visitors.
The vault of the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides is decorated with military medals. The white marble shining inside give it a light appearance, unlike other churches in Paris. The organ of the church built between 1679 and 1687ont was restored between 1955 and 1957. The “ordinary carpenter king” Germain Pilon was responsible for design furniture with the help of great designer Hardouin-Mansart. The church of Saint-Louis des Invalides also includes Soldiers Church and the Dome Church and the tomb of Governors. These former governors are buried with military leaders and marshals of France. For all former soldiers who were staying in the Hotel des Invalides, it was necessary to mix the church daily.
The time of the French Revolution caused a lot of damage to the buildings and the emblems of the monarchy, the Church has many times been the victim of attacks and alterations. It was maraudée like other monuments that trouvaienten France during the revolution. Indeed, many fortunes were lost at that time. Shortly after the Revolution, it was rumored about lost items. The Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides has lost its religious aspect. Thus, after the Roman god of war, the church took the name of “Temple of Mars” after officially being declared the disappearance of religious objects it contained.
The first event that was celebrated in the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides was the decoration ceremony of the Order July 15, 1804. This is due to the fact that Napoleon Bonaparte has to crown the civilians and combatants for their courage. It is this act that is born the establishment of a new order called Legion of Honor. On this site are also celebrated many events whether cultural or other organized by the Church itself (eg the commemoration of the death of Napoleon every May 5 and September 5, when the infrastructure Hôtel des Invalides).
The French Revolution was not the only time the Church has suffered the loss of valuables. In 1814, when the governor of the Invalides organized a removal of objects, the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides lost many flags and banners, some made even burned. It was a strategy was put in the point that the enemies do not réussisrent to capture flags and banners representing previously won wars.
Transfer to the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides in Paris
Enjoy the comfort of our vehicles by choosing a shared shuttle transfer to the Church of Saint-Louis des Invalides in Paris. We will then gladly drive you to all the other places you wish to visit. The Saint-Louis des Invalides church in Paris is located at a distance of 19 km from Orly Airport, 36 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87 km from Beauvais Airport.