- History and Tour des Jardins des Champs Elysées in Paris
- Transfer to the Jardins des Champs Elysees in Paris
History and Tour des Jardins des Champs Elysées in Paris
Located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, the gardens of the Champs Elysées are as their name implies: the green spaces along the Avenue des Champs Elysees. The gardens are divided into rectangular plots called “square”, the square along the Avenue in a beautiful setting. The Champs Elysee was built in 1670, but the gardens in their current state dates from 1840. In all, the Jardins des Champs-Elysées are an area of 137,520.
Initially, the current location of the Champs Elysées was a vast marshland. This is Marie de Medici who ordered in 1616 to develop a tree lined green throughout the Seine. Thus the current Queen was built, this path is delimited between the Place de la Concorde and Place du Canada, which is 540 meters long. In 1670 the royal landscape architect André Le Nôtre is charged by Louis XIV to continue development work. This is when the axis overlooking the Tuileries Palace (now demolished) was built, it starts on the current Place de la Concorde and leads the current roundabout of the Champs Elysées Marcel Dassault . The avenue was successively several names: Great price (with distinction Course Queen), Grande Allée the rolls, the Avenue of the Tuileries Palace … it was only later that it was called ” Champs Elysees. ” During the eighteenth century, the Champs Elysées then face several refurbishments, extensions and improvements: it was developed to overcome the walls of Louis XIII and was constructed buildings on both sides. There will thereafter few widening. Later Gardens will finally arranged with the combined efforts of Jacques Hittorf and engineer Jean-Charles Alphand.
Les Jardins des Champs Elysées each have a width of 300 meters to 400 meters. In the north, east and west we find the square of Ambassadors, the square of the Elysee and the Marigny square where you can find the Marigny Theatre and most illustrious stamp market. South east and west we find the square of Ledoyen (it takes its name from the restaurant Ledoyen) and the large square of the beater, renowned for its breathtaking views of the Seine and the palace there (Grand Palais Petit Palais). The great square of bat is the only one that was not developed under the direction of architect Jacques Hittorff, the Marquis de Marigny himself who will take charge. Les Jardins des Champs Elysées have countless embellishments, one can admire including several fountains: the Fountain of the four houses, the fountain of Diana, Fountain of Venus, the fountain grid cock …
In the gardens there are various appendices interesting monuments like forts mirror water fountain of the square Jean Perrin, artificial waterfall garden valley of Switzerland, the bust of Jacques Cartier, artificial bridge, the monument of Alfred de Musset. Les Jardins des Champs Elysées and are bounded on the north by the Avenue Gabriel, to the south by the course of the Queen, on the west by Avenue Matignon, Avenue Franklin D Roosevelt and the roundabout of the Champs-Elysées Marcel Dassault, to the east by the Place de la Concorde. South-west are the appendices gardens: the Square Jean Perrin and the garden of the Swiss valley all that adorn both the Grand Palace.
With our team, you can choose between three car categories to visit the most beautiful and historical sites in Paris. We offer collective shuttles, private shuttles and also VIP cars
Transfer to the Jardins des Champs Elysees in Paris
Les Jardins des Champs Elysées is located at a distance of 20.5 km from Orly Airport, 30.3 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.1 km from the airport of Beauvais.