History and visit the village of Saint-Paul in Paris
Village St-Paul is a true hidden away in the heart of one of the oldest districts in Paris treasure. He resisted the revolution, wars and even planning programs. It is always surprising to find such a quiet building with another century especially it is in a very lively and tourist area. Located in the heart of the Marais in the 4th arrondissement, it has buildings that are built around five courtyards that buildings are divided between them. It is located between the Ile Saint-Louis and the Place des Vosges. It is mainly to find a piece of antiquity which to admire its architectural beauty. The village perimeter as St-Paul, the rue des Jardins St-Paul Street’s Ave Maria and rue Charlemagne. To get there, there is the metro line 1 where to get off at Saint-Paul or Pont Marie station take line 7. Several buses stop nearby, such as 67, 69, 76 or the 96.
The existence of the village is closely linked to the history of the Marais itself. The history of the village dates back to the year 630 AD. One of the first ministers of Dagobert, Saint-Eloi founded a monastery for women in the Ile de la Cité. The village was used to accommodate nearly 300 members who lived there throughout the year. A basilica under the protection of Saint-Paul-de-Tebaide was built five years later. This is where the village derives its name. It will become the centerpiece of the village. The village was unfortunately not built into walls Philippe Auguste, which put him in a position of vulnerability. However, this did not prevent King Charles V to choose the place of residence in 1360 after he was driven from his palace after the riots that took place there during the same year. The village of Saint-Paul was appointed parish kings of France until 1559. The village has gradually been abandoned after the French Revolution. It took 70 years for an extensive restoration project was undertaken after abandoning the idea of demolishing the buildings mostly built between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. It was then decided that the village welcome traders with activities related to art and antiques.
It is possible to browse the village on foot. To get in, there are several arches that serve as the access point. Inside, the courses are connected by stairs or small passages. What is the peculiarity of the village of Saint-Paul is probably the fact that you can find beautiful works of art for sale. This can be paintings, pottery, photographs and even has a museum dedicated to the art of course. It includes several art galleries, boutiques and galleries ceramic workshops. There are also dozens of antique shops. Most of these antiques are open even on Sundays. There’s even a library that has several rays on the decorative arts and disciplines thereto. For those who want to visit the village in depth, several hotels and restaurants are located near the village.
Transfer to the village of Saint-Paul in Paris
The village of Saint-Paul in Paris is located 17.3 kilometers from Orly Airport, 31.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 91.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.