Private car pick up at Roissy CDG to rue Geoffroy-L'Asnier in Paris
History and visit the rue Geoffroy-The Asnier in Paris
The rue Geoffroy-Asnier The part of the 4th district of Paris in the neighborhoods of Saint-Gervais and the Marais. It was founded in the thirteenth century. Perpendicular to the Seine, it starts at 28 quai de l'Hôtel-de-Ville and ends at 48 rue François-Miron. The path of the righteous who was once part of the rue du Grenier-on Water and deadlock Putigneux lead it.
It owes its name to a wealthy family who held most of the streets in the late thirteenth century. It is named at the time the street Forgier Asnier. From 1445, it was renamed rue Geoffroy-l'Asnier against a member of the family who was very well known Asnier. The house is located at No. 26 was owned by the Constable de Montmorency, who remained several years in this street. This house is now called Hotel Chalons-Luxembourg still bears the coats of arms of the family legend. In 1914, Gabriele Anunzio lived there. It housed temporarily Borough Hall in the nineteenth century. The hotel was named in tribute to his former owners who were called Luxembourg and Chalons.
You can find many memorable buildings along the rue Geoffroy-The Asnier such that the center of Contemporary Jewish Documentation that establishes the Unknown Jewish Martyr Memorial was built between 1953 and 1956 by Alexander and George Persitz Goldberg, is located at No. 17 on the Avenue of the Righteous of France. In 1992, the center has been classified as a historical monument and at the same time enjoy the heritage label twentieth century. At No. 22 is a mansion that was home to several prominent persons as Hennequin Jehan in 1549, the king's secretary Pierre Poussepin Belair in 1633 ...
Transfer to rue Geoffroy-The Asnier in Paris
The rue Geoffroy-The Asnier to Paris is 20 km from Orly airport, 38 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle and 104 km from Beauvais Airport